Case studies – Air France/KLM
- One of the world’s largest airlines.
- Fierce competition on short-haul distance flights from low-cost carriers (Easyjet, Baboo) in Switzerland.
- Strategic decision to steer away from local competition and focus on Air France-KLM network strength for the long-haul flights and the premium economy class.
- Reason for a campaign targeting expats: reaching out to a group of frequent travellers, not targeted by competitors.
- Client was looking for a partner with a strong reach and advisory capabilities
- Main goal: increasing sales.
- Target group: expats based in Switzerland only.
- Promotion of long-haul routes from Switzerland.
- Frequent banner changes to accommodate seasonal demand.
- Geo-targeting to promote specific connections to certain groups.
- Strong, positive ROI in Switzerland.
- Generation of sales outside of Switzerland.
- Referrals to other marketers within Air France-KLM.
- Client particularly satisfied with geo-targeting features of ads.