With our 20 years of experience, Expatica is now a household name for both expats settling abroad and businesses looking to reach expat communities. Our website provides all the information that internationals need about life in their new country, and we connect them to our partners through our expert online advertising and content marketing strategies.
Expatica at a glance
At Expatica, we understand that smart content marketing means that both our audience and our commercial partners are happy – then so are we! On one hand, our readers need trustworthy information, and on the other, our clients need visibility. We are experts at marrying the two and promoting your business to expats who require your services, without damaging our contents’ objectivity.
The reasons for our success?
- 20 years of experience providing tailored content for global expats, reaching over 1 million unique visitors per month
- operations in 15 expat-rich countries, with plans to expand to many more
- high quality, factual and objective content that inspires strong trust among readers
- expert SEO strategies resulting in high search engine rankings and authority
- bespoke content marketing targeted at the expat community, ensuring that your business will increase its visibility
- customisable media plans that offer transparent pricing and clear metrics, so that you can measure your reach from click to conversion
- a social approach, promoting ethical and sustainable lifestyle options to our community of readers
Our audience consists of millions of expats spanning across the globe (more than 12 million in 2020), with most readers located in the United States and Canada (25%), the United Kingdom (18%), Europe (54%), and India. They include both newcomers and settled expats of all ages and backgrounds. Our network of expat-related websites allows our partners the flexibility to target our entire expat audience in one go, or use targeted content marketing for expats within specific countries.
The Expatica audience is…
- 82% university educated
- high earning, with an average income of €87,000
- typically young, with a median age of 28-37
- 54% European, 25% American and 20% from the rest of the world
Expatica’s countries of operation
We currently operate in 15 countries across Europe, the Gulf and Africa, plus we have one global website where you can advertise your international business to expats worldwide. In 2020 we added four new countries (Austria, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia) to the Expatica family, and have more expansion plans for 2021 – until Expatica covers the entire globe.
Expatica’s global reach in numbers
|Country||Monthly visitors||Number of articles||Keywords ranking #1-3||Local Directory|
Expatica publishes English-language guides, news and information aimed at helping expats settle and thrive in their new country. This content is easy to digest, well-researched and unbiased.
Alongside providing expats with the resources they need, our content marketing directs them to our partners offering the products and services that assist with their integration.
Our content consists of:
- country guides – these essential ‘how to’ pieces give readers all the information they need in topic areas such as finance, employment, education, healthcare, and lifestyle
- directory – our localized and categorized directories promote local businesses directly with each country’s expat community
- job listings – we help match global talent to local employers with our local, always up-to-date ‘find a job’ pages
- housing listings – in partnership with the biggest names in real estate, we connect expats to their future dream homes
- quotes and comparison tools – we help expats choose between providers with easy quotes and comparison charts, for services such as health insurance
- news – we provide daily news updates covering the main events in all of our countries of operation. The Guardian has referred to Expatica as providers of “excellent news and analysis”
- dating sites – our matchmaking service covers 65 countries worldwide and helps newcomers meet singles and find love when moving abroad
Directory listing examples:
Country guide examples:
Guided by our dedicated sales manager who works closely with the editorial team, you will associate your brand with specific articles in chosen topic areas. All content will be pre-agreed to ensure it meets your requirements and to optimize your leads and conversions.
Our direct client content marketing includes:
- sponsorship of individual articles and guides
- strategically placed direct links to your own website within our content
- display advertising banners
- premium directory listings
- social media campaigns
Get mentioned as a key provider within our informative articles with a direct link to your website. Our team will advise you on content marketing opportunities and will then analyse impact through our sales reports measuring click to conversion rates.
Feature in our country-specific business directories with a premium listing which includes:
- a spotlight, top-of-the-page position in the directory
- your company’s logo
- your email and telephone number
- an SEO-ready description of your services written by our specialists
- links to your website and social media profiles
You can speak to our friendly sales team to discuss a tailored plan that best suits your needs. Our pricing is transparent and attractive, with agency discounts on offer.
Expatica has a proven track record of growing the audience of both local and global businesses by connecting them with expat communities.
Our expertise in content marketing for expats and in SEO means that being featured on the Expatica website is an invaluable asset to your company’s growth:
- direct, high-volume exposure with your target market
- brand recognition
- highly valuable backlinks
- boost in visibility in Google search rankings
- improved credibility and trust from your customers
Our editorial and sales teams work closely with clients to put them in the spotlight for optimal leads. Packages are designed per campaign and allow you to reach an audience of over 12 million expats per year for as little as €8 CPM.
Big name companies we have worked with include:
We have also successfully partnered with many smaller local companies and startups, and love signing clients with sustainable or social goals including: