Case studies – ABN Amro
- One of the largest banks in Europe.
- Market for banking services fairly saturated; most consumers already have a bank account and new client acquisition is problematic.
- Offers current accounts, savings, investments products, mortgages, loans, insurance tailored to expats’ needs.
- Highly regarded for English-language communication and simpler procedures.
- Client of Expatica since 2005.
Aim of the Campaign
- Establishing ABN AMRO as the bank for expats.
- Intense promotion to capitalise on the first entrant advantage: ABN first to launch tailored services for expats.
- Targeting a growing group of potential customers, which all have a need for banking services and no current loyalties to any of the Dutch banks.
- Promotion of multiple products.
- Multi-channel branding effort: online campaign, print advertising and event sponsorship.
- Premium placement by utilising for instance, wallpaper creative and channel sponsorships.
- Employing video advertising.
- Various banners for different products.
- Maximum exposure during peak periods.
- Message revolving around welcoming expats.
- Dominant position as the preferred bank for internationals. Most expats advised to open an account specifically with ABN AMRO upon arrival.
- Rapid growth in the number of clients.
- International banking becoming one of the most profitable divisions.
- Increased profit margins: expats have high disposable income and sophisticated needs.
- High cross-selling rate: expats are more likely to use multiple products.